Saturday, April 21, 2012

Places to visit in 2 days with small kids

We will be visiting Copenhagen for two days with our small kids aged 3 yrs. and 7yrs(Both boys). So far we are planning for Tivoli,Canal tour,The little Mermaid. How much time does Tivoli takes. Can we combine Tivoli with Canal tours on the same day? We want to do a castle tour, but don%26#39;t know which one is good??? Any other must see attractions we are missing , please give suggestions...





How will be the weather in July-end?





Also, we are vegetarians, so any suggestions for good vegetarian restaurant will be a big help.





Thanks in advance!




|||



I think Tivoli will take at least a half day, but you could easily spend a full day there with your boys (who I%26#39;m sure will love the rides) - you%26#39;ll just have to see once you are there how it suits you. Canal tour only takes maybe an hour or so, so I think you could definitely combine the two.





For castles in town, I would take Rosenborg which also has a beautiful public garden around it.





You will definitely want to see Nyhavn and walk Stroget (the main pedestrian zone). Another site to consider is Rundetarn (Round Tower). This is an old observatory right in the older part of town that gives a great view of the city if you don%26#39;t mind the walk up (it%26#39;s a ramp, no steps) - should be doable with your boys and is not far from Rosenborg.





Weather in DK is unpredictable, but temps at that time should be pleasant.




|||



I%26#39;m also vegetarian and was in Denmark in May (although not in Copenhagen). It isn%26#39;t such a popular thing to be veggie in Denmark, so many places don%26#39;t offer an option but I found that I could always ask for %26quot;the ham omelete without the ham%26quot; or %26quot;the tuna salad without the tuna%26quot;. It got me a funny look but it was ok for the restaurant to do! I%26#39;m sure Copenhagen will be more open to some veggie restaurants though.





A few years ago I visited Tivoli and there was an Italian restaurant there which had a veggie risotto and I believe the chain Wagamama has opened there recently which is my favourite restaurant here in the UK, you can check out their menu on here http://www.wagamama.com/ they have noodles and rice dishes with Japanese inspiration.




|||



I would say that Copenhagen Zoo is also worth a visit.




|||



Thanks to all for all your suggestions. These tips are really helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment