Sunday, April 15, 2012

Passport stamps

We will be flying to Copenhagen from Amsterdam and because both countries are EU, we%26#39;re just wondering if we%26#39;ll be getting passport stamps for Denmark. I know it seems trivial, but the passport stamp is a little souvenir in my eyes. Anyone know if I%26#39;ll still get my stamp?




|||



Sorry but no stamp. You%26#39;ll be arriving in the part of the airport where there is no border control.




|||



First reply is correct. You will not get a passport stamp because both are Schengen Agreement border zone countries. US passport holders, for example, have 90 days to play tourist within the Schengen border, calculated from the date of first entry.




|||



Thanks. I%26#39;ll brace myself for the disappointment :(




|||



We didn%26#39;t get a stamp when we flew from Berlin to Copenhagen, but we did get one when we flew out of Copenhagen to Newark. Like you, my son saw that as a souvenir and he was happy!




|||



Unfortunately we are flying back to Amsterdam, so it looks like no stamp for me this time. Oh well, guess it means I%26#39;ll have to come back from a non EU county sometime! Maybe if I ask nicely they%26#39;d do it for me.




|||



Runer, just a small but potentially very important detail: don%26#39;t confuse EU with Schengen. You could, for example, enter and leave the UK, which is EU but not Schengen, and get stamped both times.

No comments:

Post a Comment