Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Public transport

Till what time in the evening do you recommend safely (avoiding drunks and other %26quot;problematic%26quot; people) using public transport? After what time am I better off using a taxi?





Similar question for morning times.




|||



LOL! Having used public transport almost daily in Copenhagen the past 3 years, I can report that I encountered the occasional drunk and %26quot;problematic%26quot; person at all hours of day and night. (%26quot;Problematic%26quot; to me means panhandling and begging, but that%26#39;s not really much of a problem). Copenhagen drunks tend to be happy drunks, so on the whole, it never hindered me one bit from taking public transport.




|||



It should%26#39;nt really be a problem at any time, but maybe thu/fri/saturday after midnight, when a lot of poeple heads for a night out/home early.



I once had an experience in an S-train late night. I was the only passanger in the wagon, and on stop some clearly intoxicated poeple came on. It made Me feel a bit unsafe, as I was completely alone.



Then they came down to My end and started talking to Me, asking for cigs and money. I gave them a cig. and jumped of at the next station, took next train.



Probably just Me being paranoid, but one hear many stories in the press, and I did not like the situation.



If going with an S-train late, then stick to wagons with many poeple. It%26#39;s not an issue with the Metro, as it%26#39;s not divided into different carriges.

No comments:

Post a Comment