Thursday, April 12, 2012

Need Help - hotel in Copenhagen

My mom (in her 70%26#39;s) is leaving this upcoming Friday. She really wants to be near Tivoli %26amp; the train station. She currently has a room for 4 (she is with my daughter and two cousins - all under 18yr) at the Hotel Sankt Thomas for $217/night (seems to include taxes %26amp; breakfast).....She stayed there when she was a girl. I am concerned...The Marriott for $273/night (payable in US$) is 5 star...thoughts please!!!





They are all excited to be going to Tivoli, La Glace, etc! Location of the hotel is important.





Thanks - I just was not at all impressed when I looked at the Sankt Thomas website.





What about Hotel G? In the past we stayed at the Kong Arthur - but, my mom really wants to save money...please help guide us!




|||



hotel G is motel 6 level IMO.





I assume you checked out the hotel reviews here?




|||



Tnanks for your reply - I did look at Hotel G - not a choice for us. The Marriott actually is cheaper using the Marriott webe site for a Executive quad! I will show my mother who is still a citizen of Denmark.





I really need more help with this hotel thing.





Dave: Off topic - I see you are an expert for Kauai....miss the Beach House. Did not like the Grand Hyatt...How is the Princeville now? I heard it is now renovated...we may be back to Hawaii this next summer. We live in Washington DC and travel often to Hawaii and Europe. My mom has never been to Hawaii and my son graduates from High School next year - Hawaii is in our thoughts again. We love the 4S on Kona. Thanks again for helping with this hotel thing.




|||



I have never been inside Hotel Sankt Thomas - but lived just around the corner for a couple of years.





I have been inside Martiott - stayed there after a seminar once.





So here is what I think.





Sankt Thomas is in a way better location than Marriott but neither is right downtown.





In both instances there%26#39;s a bit of walking and/or busriding involved in getting into the city center - Sankt Thomas has better busconnections.





The Marriott is ... a Marriott. You get big american type hotel rooms with a good sized bathroom and it%26#39;s fairly new.





But Marriott is right on a very busy road - no shops or sights just four lanes of traffic in and out of the city.





And walking into town is along office building with nothing much to look at.





Sankt Thomas is right off the lively Vesterbrogade with lot%26#39;s of shops, cafés and places to eat.





It is just across from my favorite street in all of Copenhagen: Værnedamsvej which is a small slice of Paris in town with fun shops, cafees and a French School.





So in my opinion it all comes down to: Is a big, American style hotelroom the most important thing for you mother and the three girls?





Or is an interesting area that you might explore when you are too tired to walk to the city center more important?




|||



Dear Andreadoria56 - I am every grateful for your reply since we do love a location %26amp; hotel which speaks to the area. Unless you have another hotel for a good value near Tivioli, walking street, etc. she will keep her reservation. We just stayed at the Marriott in Dublin and it was a perfect location for our needs. Your description of the Marriott in Copenhagen is not at all what she wants. She has new knees + hips and walking is not easy on her.





Any ideas for a place to stay rather than the Sankt Thomas??????





Thanks!




|||



This place is right behind Tivoli:





www.cabinn.com/English/kbh/city/city.html





It%26#39;s very basic - small rooms - but perhaps one room for the girls - and one room for your mother - close to each other would be a good idea?





This place get%26#39;s consistenly good reviews:





http://www.hotel-bethel.dk/





It%26#39;s at the end of Nyhavn - about 400 meter to Kongens Nytorv. Not really walking distance from Tivoli with new hips perhaps, but they good use public transport.





Safe, clean and easy as you know.




|||



The 1st hotel is not any better (charming) than the Sankt Thomas. I did e-mail the 2nd hotel - we shall see. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment