Thursday, April 19, 2012

Train question/fares

I was trying to research prices for round-trip tickets from Copenhagen to Aeroskobing for 2 adults. The websites diverts to Danish when I get to the pricing. Can someone please give me an idea of what these tickets would cost, and if there is any way I could get discounted fares? Thanks.




|||



The price will be a 597 dkr pr. person round trip.





You might be able to get a small discount on the train trip between Copenhagen and Nyborg - an orange ticket, but they are non-refundable and you can%26#39;t change them.





No discount on bus or ferry fare.





www.rejseplanen.dk can not calculate the fare because 3 different companies are involved.




|||



My calculations say:





Copenhagen - Nyborg (train) DKK 195/one-way DKK 390/return





Nyborg - Svendborg (bus) DKK 67/one-way DKK 134/return





Svendborg - Aeroskobing (ferry) DKK 110/one-way DKK 171/return





Return for 1 person: DKK 695





-------------------------------------------



Copenhagen - Svendborg (train) DKK 286/one-way DKK 572/return





Svendborg - Aeroskobing (ferry) DKK 110/one-way DKK 171/return





Return for 1 person: DKK 743





Hans




|||



I see DSB %26quot;Orange%26quot; train ticket from København H to Svendborg from 125 DKK each way: dsb.dk/Om-billetter-og-kort/…





From Svendborg harbor, the Ærøfærgerne (ferry) goes to Ærøskøbing. Price for foot passengers looks like 171 DKK round trip through June 29: http://www.aeroe-ferry.dk/default.asp





It is possible to do this trip for 329 DKK, but that would be out and back in the same day, utilizing %26quot;1 day ticket%26quot; specials of Kbh.-Odense 99 DKK, Odense-Svendborg 59 DKK, and the above-mentioned 171 DKK ferry portion. I would not recommend this as a single day trip, however.





Prices I found are per-adult.




|||



Sorry - I did my sums wrong - I had the same numbers as Hans in his first example, just didn%26#39;t manage to add them correctly ;)




|||



Thank you for the responses. I am considering 2-3 days in Copenhagen and 1-2 in Aeroskobing. Is Aeroskobing wirth the time and expense, or should I consider somewhere else? We are looking for a couple relaxing days (biking/hiking) outside of the city.




|||



It definitely fits the bill. I can%26#39;t guarantee if it%26#39;s worth it for someone else--that%26#39;s quite subjective. It was worth it to me last time I went, 2 summers ago.




|||



Ærø Island in general and the old town of Ærøskøbing in particular is absolutely worth seeing. A perfect place if you like biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment