Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Apartment Rental?

My Mom and I will be in Copenhagen for six days and rather than stay in a hotel - they do not seem to have glowing reviews - we are considering renting an apt. in the Latin Quarter. Can anyone advise if this is a good area for a rental and if 1000DK seems to be a reasonable price for mid-June. Thank you so much.



Catherine




|||



Greetings





The Latin Quarter, which is just a part of the city centre (København K), is a nice place to stay. I%26#39;ve stayed in flat which was in what would be considered part of the Latin Quarter. You%26#39;ll be within walking distance of all the sights, and probably about 10 minutes walk from the Metro stop at Kongens Nytorv which is a 20 minute Metro ride from the airport. There%26#39;s also a Netto or two in the area for provisions.





Lots of bars, cafes and it%26#39;s near some studenty areas. It can be a bit noisy at night as there are lots of jazz clubs, and the old buildings are often not well insulated. But anything more than one floor above street level is pretty quiet and earplugs can help in a pinch.





The flats I rent, which are one bedroom with internet, kitchen, towels/bed linens included etc., run about 500-550 kroner per night. 1000 DKK for 5 or 6 nights seems suspiciously cheap, 1000 DKK per night is very expensive even for two bedrooms. Although, you might have to pay more if you%26#39;re staying for less than a week - many agencies have a week minimum in the high season (May - September).





Have fun!



Kate




|||



Thanks Kate. It%26#39;s actually 1000DK per night and it%26#39;s a one bedroom. If you can imagine that is the most reasonably priced flat I%26#39;ve found that will accomodate us, put us in a good part of the city and not make us share a bed :) There is one agency that will find us a flat but they only book 8 weeks out and while I%26#39;d like not to be slightly controlling about it all, it does make me feel better to have things arranged. We will be there June 20th so it does seem to be smack dab in high season.



I%26#39;ll try another rental agency and see if I can%26#39;t do better.



Catherine




|||



Try CPH Rentals. I checked their site the other day because someone else recommended them, and they seem to have some very nice apartments in central Copenhagen at much better rates than the one you are looking at.





www.cphrentals.com





3FeetHigh (and rising)




|||



Thanks, I was hopeful about that site however the only apt. they had available during my timeframe was 1350 Euros - eeks. I decided to go ahead and book the other one as it seems to be in a good location. We also like to support the individual people trying to make some money in this way. On other trips we look in www.vrbo.com which is usually a great source, but not in Copenhagen.





Catherine




|||



For 1000 dkk per night, it better be very nice. I usually pay around 500 dkk for a good one bedroom flat in the very same area.





8 weeks out is the standard for most agencies - they rent out flats when the normal residents are gone, so they don%26#39;t always have a lot of advance notice. And if they rent places out too far in advance, they risk having to deal with a lot of cancellations.





I would also point out that there are really no bad areas in Copenhagen - everything is within easy walking or public transport distance of everything else.





Kate




|||



BTW





I recommend hay4you (www.hay4you.dk). They do generally only confirm bookings 8-12 weeks out, but I%26#39;ve always gotten a nice flat in the part of town I want. Plus their service is excellent.





Kate




|||



I know several people who have rented with CPH Rentals. All very happy with apartments, prices and service.





They have fabulous looking apartments on their website for 600-800 Euros per week. They also seem to show exact availability the whole year out for each individual apartment.





I think 1000 DKK per night is a very high rate. This apartment better be 200 m2, 7 rooms and with a private rooftop terrace.





If not, you%26#39;re being scammed, sorry.




|||



I agree with Don Tomas.





Also, I have some foreign friends who once rented through Hay4you and they got an apartment that looked nothing like the photos and was pretty expensive. When they complained they got very bad service.





Not saying its a bad company. I have just seen Kate recommend the company a hundred times in here and want to add that there are also negative experiences with them.




|||



Oh forgotten to mention we stayd with cph rentals some months ago in Copenhagen and had a very good experience.





I wrote a small review in here of the company and the wonderful city of Copenhagen but I can not find it.




|||



OK, maybe I%26#39;m being suckered.... I found the apt. on www.travel-library.com but it is only a one bedroom, no rooftop terrace! Compared with the hotel prices I found online $200 seemed pretty reasonable to me and there is not much in my area of the US that you could find for less. I did worry about those who charged too little, that it was a substandard place and of course I had hoped to be centrally located, which this place is (or purports to be). I appreciate your feedback but will probably stick with what I have since I paid the deposit. Next time I%26#39;ll wait for more replies prior to booking.

No comments:

Post a Comment