Thursday, April 12, 2012

Avoid the Change Group (Vimmelskaftet)!!!

When you are in Copenaghen, beatiful city,



pay attention: avoid to change your money at the office of the Change Group (Vimmelskaftet 47).





Listen what happened to me and my son last August 4th.



I read outside 755 DKK as official price of the change. I asked to change a little amount of 100 euros and the operator (Eduardo 112) told me that I could have obtained a higher rate if I changed 150 euro. After I agreed, he gave me 961 DKK for an exchange rate of 728 DKK (!!!) and a service fee of 11,99% (!!!).





I think that exchange rate was a real fraud.



The number of change reference is 572184 and I can obviously produce the pertinent documentation.




|||



The exchange rate was pretty much OK.





You had to pay DKK 755 to buy EUR 100. But you got DKK 728 for selling EUR 100. There is always a difference in the buying and selling rates. But the service fee was exorbitant.





The official bank rates for August 4th were:



734,47/buy 757,55/sell for cash transactions.





Most Danish banks (and also FOREX exchange office at Central Station) charge a fee of DKK 30 for exchanging cash.





Hans

No comments:

Post a Comment