Saturday, April 21, 2012

how to go from statue Little Mermaid to Zoo by public transp

Hi,





In august we are going (with a cruise) one day to Copenhagen.



My plan is to go see the little mermaid statue.



Than I want to go to the Zoo, with public transport.



I am looking on the internet, but unfortunately I cannot find an easy way to do this.



Can some one tell me which bus or metro I have to take (where is the busstop, which number do I have to take) and is it cheaper to buy a 24 hours ticket for public transport or just to buy 1 ticket for this trip.



Can I buy tickets in the bus, or do I have to get these somewhere else?





Thank you very much for your help.




|||



Hi there





-Go from Little Mermaid to Østerport Station (ask poeple for directions - most poeple speak english and will love to help). Its a 10 min. walk (0,8km)





-Take S-train B or Bx directed to %26quot;Høje Taastrup%26quot; station.





-Get off at Valby Station.





-Walk from Valby Station to ZOO. It%26#39;s a 15 min. walk (1,2km)(Again, ask for directions).





Alternatively: Still take same S-train from Østerport Station, but get off at Vesterport Station.





-Take Bus 6A, directed to %26quot;Rødovrehallen%26quot; from Vesterport Station to ZOO.





Doing it tthe alternative way will save You a good walk and a couple of mins.





If You%26#39;re only going for this 1 trip just buy ticket in bus - it%26#39;s 31.50 DKK for an adult (2 children free with each adult)




|||



Hi Jensen,





Thank you for your quick reply!



The second option you gave me (S-train from Østerport Station, get off at Vesterport Station, than take Bus 6A) sounds good!





I have three questions about this:





You say that I can buy a ticket in the bus, but first I have to go on the train.



Can I get one ticket for train and bus? Or do I have to buy one ticket for the train and one for the bus?





And are these return tickets, or is it a single ride?





Can I pay with Visa or do I need cash money?





Again, thank you for your reply!




|||



Hi Leorob





You will be able to buy the tickets from a machine on Østerport Station - the 3-zone ticket will be walid for an hour and a half for all kinds of public transport (in the 3 zones). It%26#39;s a teturnticket, but only useable for 1½ hour - You won%26#39;t be able to cover ZOO in that time, so Youll have to buy one more the other way.





Maybe it will be a better option for You to buy a clipcard, but that depends how many You are.



A 2-zone clipcard with 2 clips will cost 130DKK.



If You are 3 adults You will have to clip 5 times on a 2-zone card each way - that%26#39;ll turn out cheaper(You can still bring 2 kids pr. adult payer).



You can also get clipcards in 2-zones - it%26#39;s a bit more expensive - that would be nescesary if You are more than 3 adults...





You can buy clipcards in most kiosks(minimarkets) near a busstop, and from the ticketoffice i.e at Østerport Station.





Hope that I don%26#39;t confuse You.




|||



I meant to say %26quot;You can also get 3-zone clip cards%26quot;.



I%26#39;m not sure if You%26#39;ll be able to use VISA in the ticketmachine at Østerport(there are ticketmachines at all S-Train Stations), but You can def use it in the manned office there.




|||



Hi,





Thank you again for your quick reply...





I am going with my husband, so 2 adults only.



And yes.... I want to stay more than 1 hour in the Zoo, so I will need to buy another travel ticket :-)





It is now clear for me, that I need one ticket per person, so I can travel with train and bus.





So in total I need 4 tickets.



2 for going to the zoo, and 2 for going back to the ship.



I will check if I can arrange the extra (return) tickets at the station Osterport.



Because when we are leaving the zoo, the bus accepts no Visa.





I think I can also pay the Zoo with Visa so I will not have to arrange KKR.





Thank you again for your help.



You have made things clear for me!





Now I just have to wait until we can visit Copenhagen!




|||



Sounds to me like Your on top of things now.



The ZOO is really a nice place. We come there a lot -We got season cards. I%26#39;m sure that both You and Your kids will enjoy it very much.





Hope You%26#39;ll have a nice couple of days here, and may the weather be with You.




|||



Sorry - no kids - but it will be a nice experience for You and Your husband too :)




|||



From the Little Mermaid statue I would walk to Langelinie Pier/India Pier (200-300 m) and take bus 26 (leaving every 20 min) to %26quot;The Small Gardens in Pile Allé%26quot; (tell the driver that you are going to the Zoo). From there it%26#39;s a 600 m walk to the Zoo. The bus trip takes about 30 min.





You can also change from bus 26 to bus 6A at Town Hall Square. They stop next to each other. Bus 6A goes straight to the entrance of Zoo.





Little Mermaid to Zoo is 2 zones (not 3). A cash ticket costs DKK 21/adult, DKK 10.50/child 12-15 years. Clip Card for 10 journeys cost DKK 130/adult, DKK 65. One paid adult can take 2 children (0-11 years) free.





Hans

No comments:

Post a Comment