Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Copenhagen to Oslo by train

Which rail company should I look at for timetables?





Norwegian or Danish?




|||



The German Railways have the best homepage for searching any european train ride.





www.deutschebahn.com/site/bahn/en/start.html





You could also fly, ride a night ferry or go by bus.




|||



Consider Swedish. When traveling from Oslo to Copenhagen we found the bus from Oslo to Goteborg and the train from Goteborg to Copenhagen to be the best option. You may find this is true in reverse. Try using this to plan your route:





http://www.resrobot.se/




|||



I was unable to edit my last reply and I wanted to add that Andreadoria56%26#39;s post on using Deutsche Bahn%26#39;s site for getting timetables is also good advice. I use that often as well, but in this case I found the ResRobot more helpful.




|||



Are reservations or pre-purchasing tickets necessary? I will be in Copenhagen and taking the train to Oslo or Goteborg, but I won%26#39;t know exactly what day I will be traveling on until I get there. Do these train trips sell out? Or will I be able to get tickets the day of my travel? What would be the cost difference? Is there a significant savings to pre-purchasing tickets?

No comments:

Post a Comment