Sunday, April 15, 2012

copenhagen to Prague/Amsterdam

Can anyone tell me how long it would take to get to Copenhagen from Prague, and what is the best form of transportation?



Thanks





And/or Amersterdam to Copenhagen :)




|||





Train is the best way to both.





Best way from Copenhagen to Prague is via Malmo and Berlin. There is a sleeper train that runs from Malmo to Berlin. Malmo is just inside Sweden, over the bridge from Copenhagen, takes 30 minutes to get there. The night train goes on a ferry over the Baltic between Sweden and Germany and you arrive in Berlin ready for a new day - then its about 3/4 hours onto Prague - you could leave CPH around 9.00pm and be in Prague for lunch the next day.





Otherwise trains leave Copenhagen to Germany via Hamburg and this would take longer if you were heading for Prague.





Amsterdam is in the other direction. You would have to change at Hamburg for a train to Osnabruck, still in Germany, and change there for Amsterdam. You could do that trip within 6 hours or so.




|||



I flew from Amsterdam to Copenhagen, got a good price on the cheap airlines (Transavia), both airports are sleek and modern so I had no problems whatsoever on either end and found it completely convenient to fly. Flight time is about an hour so even including time early at the airport and getting to and from the airport in each city, it was a big time-saver for me and much easier than taking the train.





Personally for me, I was traveling alone, so changing trains multiple times and trying to figure all that out was a little too overwhelming for me, and night trains were absolutely out of the question, especially night trains with transfers in the middle of the night.





tml, for train times, I like the Belgian site (you can look up international travel on there at this site: http://www.b-rail.be/int/E/). Looking on there, I don%26#39;t see any trains from AMS to CPH that are fewer than 3 changes and are all over 11 hours. That%26#39;s why I flew lol





and for flights you can look at www.skyscanner.net and www.kayak.com




|||





Good for you!




|||



Is there a need to be rude? Someone asked a question and I gave my perspective. I can%26#39;t find a train from AMS to CPH or vice versa that only takes 6 hours, so perhaps you could share where you find this information? Flying worked out for me and I%26#39;m pretty sure it saved me a lot of time, so I posted that, with some links to help the OP do his/her own research. The whole point of this board is to discuss and share our experiences, not make people feel badly about how they chose to travel.




|||





My apologies, that wasn%26#39;t my intention! I hope you enjoyed your visits to both cities.





You might though try to write as if you%26#39;re not rubbishing what previous contributors have written. That%26#39;s how it read.




|||



Unless you%26#39;re afraid of flying, I see no reason why to take the train to Prague or Amsterdam. Both cities are serviced by a number of lowcost airlines (sterling does both, transavia does amsterdam) and you can get tickets down to 30-60 EUR to both destinations. That is a lot cheaper than the train.




|||



I have to agree with Don Thomas look for cheap flights and I must add there%26#39;s no 6 hour train connection between Coephagen and Amsterdam - it%26#39;s a notorious long and tedious trip through very boring countryside.





I do agree that the Malmö-Prague train ride is interesting, but it%26#39;s expensive especially if you want decent accommodation on board, and you have to change trains at 6 am in Berlin.





But especially the ride from Dresden to Prague is absolutely amazing.





And for the record - this is not a trashing of previous advice, we all have different perspective on stuff.





P.S. I%26#39;m a train buff ;)




|||



Good morning,



I know that you wrote this reply a couple of years ago, but we are arriving in Copenhagen on the 24th and would like to fly to Prague on the 26th. I checked into Sterling as your post suggested and see that they filed for bankruptcy. We are 5 people, do you have another suggestion for a less expensive airline. If you also would have a suggestion for a well located hotel in Copenhagen, that too would be greatly appreciated.




|||



Hi,





Norwegian (http://www.norwegian.com/en/) departs CPH 10:30 arrives PRG 12:00 on 26th. One-way EUR 68.40.





SkyEurope (http://www.skyeurope.com/) have flights on Tue, Thu and Fri. One-way from EUR 44.





CABINN City is a simple, clean and cheap hotel.



www.cabinn.com/english/kbh/city/city.html





Hans

No comments:

Post a Comment