Sunday, April 15, 2012

CPH, on time?

I realize this isn%26#39;t the best question to ask because there are a lot of different factors that could have an effect but I will ask anyways..



I am leaving Copenhagen on a Sunday in Sept to go back to Toronto. I have a 2hr stop over in London (Heathrow). I have this booked now I am getting nervous that it is cutting to close in time, esp considering how big LHR is. Do any of you think this will be fine, or should I try to get on an earlier flight out of CPH. Thanks!




|||



I%26#39;m sorry I just realized I should post this is London rather than here. Well I would like input from both cities so any help would be appreciated.




|||



Just over a week ago I flew CPH-LHR on SAS. Arrived at Terminal 3. Had to take the bus over to Terminal 1 to catch my United Air Lines flight to SFO. I had 2 hrs 20 minutes between arrival and departure. That was MORE than plenty. Had time to grab a bite to eat in Terminal 1. Relax a bit. Go to the restroom. Wander around for a while. Check out some of the stores. You get the picture! 2 hrs shouldn%26#39;t be a problem.




|||



thank you so much for that response! I never get nervous about travelling, but I recently missed a connection coming home from Iceland, and it was hell.



I was never nervous about connections until then.




|||



To me, layover-time is very dependant on whether I booked the two flights together or seperately. Two hours should be plenty, but if you did not buy the tickets together, you are responsible for being in time for your long haul flight and would have to buy a new ticket if you miss it.




|||



Ok thanks for that insight.....these flights were booked together. I am on SAS since Air Canada doesn%26#39;t fly to Copenhagen. Also when I missed my connection from Iceland, I had to book flights seperaratly. I never thought of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment