Sunday, April 15, 2012

what can I do in Denmark in 10 days?

I have 10 days holidays in Denmark and I have some questions:



1. after 4 days in copenhagen, where should I go around Denmark?



2. I am thinking of renting a car to visit Norway. Any reasonable suggestion?



Everybody says that the choice of the country was wrong as there is nothing to do there. But I don%26#39;t agree. Please help me surprise them!!! The other three have appointed me as their travel agent...:-(




|||



Well, Denmark is a beautiful country, and if you wish to exploer Denmark, then rent a car and visit throughout Denmark including the island Fyn, and the peninsula Jutland. most of the major interesting sights is on Sjaeland where Copenhagen is located. 4 days there is great.





However, if it were me, and you were able, I think you are on the right idea to take a ferry to Norway, and visit as much as you can there.





Also, many cruises depart from Copenhagen, and many are 10 night cruises. If your lucky and your holiday coencides with a cruise departure, you can visit many of the great Baltic cities.





Happy planning




|||



Thank you Swdke for your suggestions. According to the ferry timetable the fare from CPH to Oslo is about 420 Euros!!! Isn%26#39;t it cheaper to rent a car?




|||



Not for 6 days no. Especially not when adding gasoline. But you can fly to Oslo for around 50-80 Euros each if you are lucky.





If it was me, I would spend those 6 days either exploring Denmark or driving to Stockholm. Oslo has little to offer, so by far the most interesting site in Norway are the fjords, but that is at least a two day drive - each way. Stockholm is just half a days drive and beats Oslo anytime.




|||



Thank you Don Tomas. I know you are right but we%26#39;ve already been to Stockholm twice for a week each time. I think driving to Denmark is better. But which are the hottest must-visit places and the must-do things in Denmark? As I live in Rhodes, Greece the beaches and the seaside are not of much interest. Any other sights?



If there are not any, I think Germany will be (again!!) the solution...




|||



how much for those cruises?




|||



cruise from Copenhagen to oslo 430 Euros!!!! return, for one passenger only!




|||



Experts, wd ferry from Frederikshavn to Norway work? we are actually going from Frederikshaven (previous night in Skagen) to Göteborg and it was very cheap for 3 of us plus car (around 70€ I think).



I suppose you cd then drive to Norway for coastal scenery. We%26#39;re actually staying in Göteborg then spending a week in a house on Skane before driving back to CPH.



Catherine we%26#39;re also exploring the islands incl. Mön, and Funen




|||



Thanks Lynda. I didn%26#39;t know about the other islands. So what is the best itinerary, do you think? Some people have told me that Denmark is worth spending 10 days and others say that it isn%26#39;t. And judging from the replies I%26#39;ve got, the latter seem to be right.




|||



It would help if you had told a little about your interests.





Hans




|||



Well, we are 2 couples of 40s who like visiting museums, sights and mingling among the natives. We like staying at hotels typical of the place or b%26amp;bs and we do not like shopping or hiking. We like to live the place like the locals do. Visiting new places and seeing new scenery is our ideal. (not very nice description, right? Sorry, it is sooooooo hot here in Rhodes)

No comments:

Post a Comment