Friday, March 23, 2012

Flexcard

I%26#39;ve figured out that a Flexcard for 3 zones would be the best for me for my 6 day visit.





On the Movia web it says: %26quot;FlexCard kan købes i Movia Kortsalg og på betjente stationer.%26quot; However I did not find any list of those on the web, maybe because I%26#39;m a bit hanidicapped in Danish





Anyway, is there a place at the CPH airport that sells Flexcard and if so where?




|||



There%26#39;s a serviced ticket office at the airport.





As you exit from the arrival area - keep going straight towards the trains and the metro - then you%26#39;ll find the ticket office.





Are you sure the flexcard is the best option?





As far as I can calculate the only way it would be, was if you needed to make two or more 3-zone trips every day during your stay.





Generally local trips in and around the city center are only two zones.





Clip cards are just more flexible - you can clip your way to a day trip to Roskilde or Helsingør - with a flexcard you%26#39;d have to buy additional zones for any trips longer than 3 zones.





If you are sure - then perhaps buy a ticket into Copenhagen and buy the flexcard there - so your starting zone is 1 instead of the zone at the airport.




|||



Thanks for the info.





Hmm, am I missing something here Flexcard vs Klippekort? Flexcard 3 zones 7 days costs 250, Klippekort 2 zones 10 klip costs 130.





So for from and to the airport I%26#39;ll need 2 x 2 klips, which leaves me 6 klips. That for sure is not enough, so I%26#39;ll need 2 Klippekort for 260. If I knew that 10 klips is enough, I could get Klippekort for 130 + 2 x 31,50 for the airport, total 193. So the potential saving would be 57 DKK. But if I need more klips, then again end up paying more.





I have no plans to go further than 3 zones.




|||





All right you may have a point - but is your hotel away form the city center?





Most of Copenhagens hight lights are real close and not real handy for public transport, so I just doubt you%26#39;d use it that much.




|||



Hi,



the main purpose of the Flex Card is that it is not personal, so it is a bit more expensive than other period cards (I have one that I share with my husband - the one who uses it is the one who follows our daughter to school that day).



But since there is no other travel pass option besides the Flex Card I think this is the best value. Going with 10 trip cards will be too expensive, as you write.



I agree with Andreadoria - doubt that you will use 3 zones much besides the trip to/from airport.




|||



I%26#39;ll need public transportation at least for 3 days twice a day (plus the possible nocturnal activities), for the business related part of the trip. Hotel is rather down town, but the office I%26#39;m going to is not. Furthermore, if I get the Flexcard at the airport I can justify the purchase instead of taking a cab and the card will be paid by the company.





Plus taking a random tram or a bus can serve as surprise sightseeing tour.





Thanks for all the input.




|||



Ok - you%26#39;ve done your homework.





But just to be sure: You job is out towards the airport, right?





When you buy the card - the three zones you buy will be 1, 3 and 4 - zones 3 and 4 are only on Amage.




|||



Yep, towards the airport, so no problem there.





I kind of thought that the zone system would be similar to eg Paris, where counting of zones would begin always from the city center, but your zone system is smarter, although more complicated.





On Movia web-site it shows that a 3 zone ticket from zone number 4 covers zones 4, 3, 1 and also 2.





moviatrafik.dk/Priser/…04.pdf





Not that it in my case would make any difference.




|||



Hi, I%26#39;ve written all your messages about FlexCard. Do I understand right: if I%26#39;ll plan to visit Copenhagen, Kagerup, Helsingør, Fredensborg during a week I would buy this FlexCard? It would be better, right? (sorry for English)




|||



No, I do not think a flex card is what you need.





A flex card is for someone travelling the exact same route several times a day.





You want to explore different places. So you would either need one or more clipcard or the Copenhagen Card that also covers admission to major tourist attractions.





Are you travelling alone? Will you be staying in Copenhagen? Do you plan to visit Kagerup, Helsingør and Fredensborg on three seperate days?




|||



Flexcards 7-days





A FlexCard allows you unlimited travel by bus, train and Metro for seven days. The card is not personal and entitles the bearer to unlimited travel in the zones indicated on the card.





From Copenhagen to Kagerup, Helsingør and Fredensborg you need ticket/card for %26quot;all zones%26quot;.





7 days flexcard cost DKK 570



24 hours ticket cost DKK 120



CPH Card cost DKK 225 (24 hours)/DKK 450 (72 hours)



Discount card for 10 single trips for all zones cost DKK 405



Normal ticket (one-way) for all zones cost DKK 94.50





moviatrafik.dk/SERVICE/…busandtrain.aspx





Hans

No comments:

Post a Comment