Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bus Terminal in Copenhagen & Malmo

Hello all,





a. Can someone tell me where do the buses for Malmo take off from Copenhagen? Is it anywhere close to the Tivoli garden? What is the name of the exact point, so that I can trace it on the map.





b. Also what is the final destination point in Malmo? Is it anywhere close to the city centre? I just want to visit Malmo for 3-4hrs...so will I be any where close to the heart of the city?





c. Do buses from http://www.gobybus.se/ %26amp; http://www.swebus.se/ start from the same place? I%26#39;m geting a good deal for Malmø from Copenhagen by goBus...its 55 min journey. Would anyone recommend?







cheers.




|||



Hi,





a. Ingerslevsgade/DGI-byen (close to Central Station)





b. Svävarterminalen at Skeppsbron 10 which is close to the city centre





c. Yes - (I find that swebus is about half price of goBus)





Hans




|||



There is also the train option, which I personally would prefer. Also during weekend and holidays they sell reduced return tickets if you travel the same day in and out.




|||



qpq332 %26amp; polarbearfin - thank you so much for the response.





polarbearfin,



I think I shall consider the train option and I see that there is a train from Copenhagen to Malmo every 20mins. Can I buy tickets on board? If yes, can I get discounts related to weekend %26amp; return fares on-board?





thanks...




|||



No, you can%26#39;t buy ticket on board. If you don%26#39;t have a valid ticket you will be fined.





You will have to buy from ticket machines or ticket counter at Copenhagen C.





Hans




|||



Just to be precise there%26#39;s nothing like a busterminal in Copenhagen.





The busses leave from the road running between the DGI-byen and the railroad tracks - just so you don%26#39;t run around looking for some kind of big building.





In my opinon the trains are the best option - they are a lot faster and run a lot more often too.




|||



And trains only cost about the double compared to Swebus, but of course run more often.





Hans

No comments:

Post a Comment