Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Working in Denmark

My son is moving to Denmark from the UK this month to work indefinitely for a firm in Copenhagen. We are both confused about whether he would be best advised to pay UK National Insurance Contributions while he is in Denmark. His Danish employers will be making all the necessary deductions, which should entitle him to benefits there but can anyone please advise us about UK NI payments? He%26#39;s in his 20s, doesn%26#39;t know how long he will be in Denmark and he doesn%26#39;t want to miss out on a UK pension even though it%26#39;s a long way away. I hope someone can help. Thanks.




|||



I googled this link.



http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/osc.htm





I think you should contact HMRC. Don%26#39;t expect to get (m)any responses to your question in a travel forum.





Hans




|||



Thanks. Yes we%26#39;ve tried the various UK government sites and even helplines but they are confusing and sometimes contradictory. I thought it was worth a try as TripAdvisor users have been very helpful in the past. I realise it was off topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment