Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Copenhagen to Malmø

Hello Friends,



We plan to visit Copenhagen this weekend and also plan to take a days trip to Malmo (morning to evening). In regard to this, we have a few questions. Pls help us answer this:





a. Copenhagen to Malmø: Which is the cheapest way to travel(train or bus)? I believe the train is the ideal choice. Is there any way of getg some discounts for 2. Is online reservation possible? If not, is it easy to get tickets in the train?





b. At Malmø: From what I%26#39;ve read it appears that most of the tourist attractions in Malmø are close to the station. Can anyone recommend anything which is a must see?





c. Currency: What is the currency that I can use at Malmø, is DKK or Euro used there? Or should I arrange SK?





I%26#39;m sure I have lot many questions...but I guess I%26#39;ll stop with this and try to answer the remaining myself :)





cheers.




|||



a. swebusexpress.se



b. true



c. SEK, swedish krona. Can withdraw from ATMs on arrival, or just pay for things with your credit or debit card and then maybe won%26#39;t have to bother with cash. DKK and USD... maybe in a few very touristy places, but at a bad exchange rate.




|||



More questions..





a. Does swebuss travel over the bridge?





b. Where can I book train tickets? Internet (or) on board? http://www.skanetrafiken.se/? If internet...are the fares same on-board also?




|||



Hi,





a. yes





b. www.sj.se/sj/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=10%26l=en



You don%26#39;t need to buy tickets on the internet. You can%26#39;t buy tickets on the train. You have to buy tickets from either a ticket machine of the ticket office at Copenhagen C. There is no discount for advance buying.





Hans




|||



You can also take the ferry from Nyhavn - last time I did that, I payed 25dkr as a student. It%26#39;s a nice trip, if you%26#39;re not in a hurry :)




|||



Not to confuse things, but Dasini what ferry might that be?





As far as I know all ferries stopped running when the bridge opened.




|||



Trains and busses use the bridge. Bus is the cheapest way with advance purchase. Graahundbus offers a competing service, but is usually not as cheap as Swebus. http://www.graahundbus.dk/index999.htm




|||



Ok...I see then Swe Bus is the cheapest. Now, is the Bust stand in Copenhagen and Malmø both at a walking distance from the City Centre (also the station)?




|||



Can you pls tell me exactly from where can I catch Swe Bus in Copenhagen and what is the stop in Malmø I have to book for?




|||



hmm I took the ferry 4 years ago.. maybe it%26#39;s not there anymore. Dunno




|||



Yep I see that it stopped in 2005 - I must have taken one of the last trips. Sad tbh - was a really nice trip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment