Tuesday, April 24, 2012

How much for a weekend?

I am ideally looking to avoid the hideous ATM charges which are levied when changing from £ to DKK and so will convery my money here. The question is how much should I convert? Would £200 be enough for two nights (inc dinner and lunch) and some basic sightseeing? How much should I budget for a day?




|||



How long is a piece of string?





Is accomodation included in £200? What do you fancy eating?




|||



Sure I know it is an open ended question. Accomodation is already paid for so that does not need to be accounted for.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. At this time, posts on the TripAdvisor forums cannot be edited, but the author of a post may request that it be removed. This allows the author to repost the message if desired.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Removed on: 12:53 pm, May 30, 2009


|||



You can survive on GBP 200, but you will not be eating at Michelin star restaurants.





Hans




|||



Personally, I could do better than just surviving off 100£ daily. I am sure you can to. You can have great 3-course meals in Copenhagen for 30-40£ (Straying just a few minutes off the tourist track) so I think it%26#39;s a reasonable budget for anyone not looking to splurge.




|||



Turns out that about 2000 Krones was more than enough for the weekend. The main expense was, as always, dinner. What a lovely city you have there. We thoroughly enjoyed it.




|||



Good to hear you had a good stay and did not return too broke. Thanks for the update.




|||



I just stayed one night. Hilton Hotel/ no meals $225. Metro ticket $6/ride Canal boat $12pp;



Museum $12pp; Food expensive lunch $60 for 2 at SARS Nyhaven, beer $10 , burger king for 2 $23 ; 2 cokes $8 ; breakfast at the airport $30 ; bottle water $6




|||



Where did you buy a bottle of water for $6?!?!?




|||



Airport after security...water $6



Absurd....I did not buy the water.



I changed planes in Germany where I got a bottle for 1.5 euros ( $2.25) Still high, but a better price than Cph.

No comments:

Post a Comment