Saturday, April 21, 2012

What Bus to take from Copenhagen to Malmo over the bridge??

Hello



I will be in Copenhagen for l evening and a day plus part of the next morning, so like 2 days total, I guess, and I was extremely interested to go over the Bridge to Malmo, Sweden. I see there is a day bus tour, but what I would like to do, is just take a bus over to Malmo, say for the morning, and then return to Copenhagen like3 hrs later. I just want to go over the bridge and back again, to experience it..People say it%26#39;s quite the experience!! Where would I find out how much it would cost and where and what bus to catch to do the trip over the famous bridge? Is there a train that travels on this bridge too or not?



Any informtion would be greatly appreciated %26amp; helpful.



I will be going aroound the lst weekend in Sept.



Thanks






|||



There are 2 bus companies on the route Copenhagen to Malmo:





www.swebusexpress.se/SwebusExpress_com/ which cost from SEK 45/adult - one-way. Only timetables until 23 August are online yet. The bus departs/arrives Copenhagen at Ingerslevsgade (behind Central Station).





http://www.graahundbus.dk/index999.htm (Danish/Swedish only) which cost DKK 120/one-day return. The bus departs from Town Hall Square in Copenhagen.





The trains from Copenhagen to Malmo runs at underside of the bridge. Trains depart Copenhagen Central Station every 20 min. and cost about DKK 70/one-way.





Hans




|||



Would I need only SEK if I took the daytrip to Malmo?




|||



SEK will definitely be the best currency when visiting Malmö. Some stores may accept DKK or Euros, but you%26#39;re not likely to get a very good exchange rate.




|||



Do I have to prebook If I would like to go on swebus?




|||



You will get the lowest rate by purchasing directly on their website. With an additional service fee, tickets are sold aboard the bus or at their ticket outlets (in Copenhagen that is Wonderful Copenhagen,Copenhagen Tourist Office, Vesterbrogade 4).





From swebus FAQ



Can I buy a ticket on the bus?



Yes. There will be an additional charge of 50 SEK minimum.





Hans

No comments:

Post a Comment